AT coos, there is a ministry for you
The heartbeat of our church community is outreach ministry. We want to extend ourselves out beyond the four walls of our church building -- into our local community, the state, the nation and even to far flung international locales such as Angola.
We provide support to our community in many forms:
- Our building is used for meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous and a local Boy Scout troop.
- We take on projects for individuals in need, helping with making their home accessible, providing transportation to our services, and providing meals as individuals recover from surgery or other health problems.
- We have a very active Prayer Ministry which supports not only our congregation, but extends to friends and family of our members, as well as those suffering major disasters or events through out the world.
- Youth and adults contribute a week of their time during the summer to participate in Work Camp, going to Ohio, northern New York, North Carolina, or Maine. At Work Camp, our youth help families and individuals in need of home improvement and meet like-minded youth from throughout the country.
- We support our local charities, including SHARE, Bridges, Habitat for Humanity, and Anne-Marie House.
- We continue our relationship and support for the church community at St Andre's in Ondjiva, Angola. Adults and youth have traveled to Ondjiva to meet this active congregation and learn more about their home and build personal relationships.